Automobile manufacturing plays a leading role in traditional manufacturing to deploy automation. Its production involves stamping, welding, painting, assembly, etc. The processes before assembly make great demands on the vision inspection of various parts and points. The assembly scenario is also complex, acquiring high accuracy and stability. Therefore, the automation of automobile manufacturing faces multiple challenges. XYZ Robotics provides accurate, reliable, and rapid 3D vision solutions to satisfy diverse needs of localization, assembly, and inspection in various scenarios.
• The customer requires automated feeding of front and aft cross members with 3D vision for the following welding
• 2 types of cross members are large and highly reflective metal parts
• Use GX-XL camera fixedly mounted
• Accurately recognize large and highly reflective cross members with a high Z repeatability of ±1.9 mm
• The vision system guides the collision-free picking from bins, the bins are manually placed and may off from the given position
• Automated feeding of frames hanging on the rack.
• The frames are black and reflective, interfering with the recognition.
• Manully-placed frames with unfixed position and the swaying rack require high localization accuracy.
• Use eye-in-hand GX-S camera
• Successfully recognize ≥ 99.9% of parts with a high precision of ±0.5 mm
• Resist the interference of reflective and black surfaces, then reconstruct precise point clouds